Saturday 4 January 2014

Makeup Game ~






































Hey to whoever is reading this! I thought i'd write a make-up review (drugstore) and share it with you guys! Photo's from what i wore this SS and AW. This way the palette to my summer '13. Since then i have experimented with different foundations,powders, you name it! My face is quite oily so i have to apply powder lightly all over my face once ive applied foundation, quite annoying! So i went searching/testing foundations that would keep my skin from looking greasy and instead slightly dewy. I found that Bourjois is excellent at keeping my oily skin dewy rather than greasy but isn't very good at concealing. I then went on to try MUA's BB cream, an excellent concealer but VERY thick, looks good, for about half an hour, then quickly turns greasy and feels very sticky. Better used as concealer than all over face foundation. Miss Sporty's Coral lipstick is an all time favourite, keeping my lips hydrated and glossy looking, perfect for natural/summer looks.

Coming up to winter i had a make-up bag, make-over (haha) I needed to find a new foundation, powder, mascara, you name it!




And i found something perfect. I have never used maxfactor before and was incredibly pleased with the result. Talking to a beautician i discussed that mousse foundations usually leave my skin looking dry and chapped, but this is a revelation! It keeps my skin dewy (but NOT greasy) all day, with minimal blotting of powder, keeping my skin looking radiant and summery! Lipfinity also keeps to its word, after testing my chosen colour it seemed impossible to get off and stayed for hours, a handbag must have if you're going out all day/night! You can find ALL of these products in local drugstores such as Boots and Superdrug! I then bought one of Rimmel's "Glam Eyes HD five colour eye shadow palette" I'm not someone who defines my eye (as said in earlier posts) but i decided to give natural smoky eyes a go! Obviously not as pigmented as the Urban Decay naked palettes, but it last for hours and doesn't crease within my eyes!

What do you think of these products/what are your most recommended drugstore essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment